||1 month ago|
|docs||1 month ago|
|img||1 month ago|
|.gitignore||2 months ago|
|LICENSE-CC||2 months ago|
|LICENSE-GPL||2 months ago|
|README.md||1 month ago|
Mighty Satellite Ground Station
The Mighty Satellite Ground Station (MSGS) is a libre, heavy duty, extra features design for tracking satellites.
MSGS is intended for use with the Libre Space Foundation's SatNOGS network, and is based on their freely available files.
MSGS is a more robust version of the earlier Satellite Ground Station, documents available here:
Spacecruft SatNOGS Ground Station
Occassionally it is on a webcam stream:
Designed for artificial satellite tracking.
- Heavy duty.
- Completely documented design listing all parts and sources from Antennas to Zipties.
- All commodity-off-the-shelf (COTS) parts generally available in North American markets.
- Requires no special tools or skills to assemble. Just needs two adjustable wrenches, a screwdriver, and wire cutters.
- VHF and UHF antennas on crossboom.
- Software defined radio (SDR).
- Az/El rotator optimized for satellite tracking.
- 24/7/365 outdoor operation.
- Relatively low cost, but parts selected for quick deployment not price (e.g. no Arduino hacking, no soldering, no drilling, etc. which could lower price).
- Indoor computer and controllers.
- 110V AC power (e.g. not a solar system).
- Quick and easy mast deployment.
- Non-permanent mount, which can be easily moved.
- All parts shipping via courier (UPS, FedEx), no freight required.
- Easily serviced, upgraded, modified.
Bill of Materials
The core document is the Mighty Satellite Ground Station Bill of Materials (BoM). It is a spreadsheet in Libre Office format.
Cable Harnesses Version Two
docs/harness for wire harness diagram source.
A global network of satellite ground stations, designed as an open source participatory project.
The base design comes from the Libre Space Foundation. The present design adds review of other designs in the SatNOGS network and feedback from the #SatNOGS Matrix channel.
- SatNOGS Introduction --- https://wiki.satnogs.org/Introduction
- SatNOGS Ground Station Build Overview --- https://wiki.satnogs.org/Build
- Ground Stations --- https://wiki.satnogs.org/Ground_Stations
- Raspberry Pi --- https://wiki.satnogs.org/Raspberry_Pi
- Antennas --- https://wiki.satnogs.org/Antennas
- Software Defined Radio (SDR) --- https://wiki.satnogs.org/Software_Defined_Radio
- Papers --- https://wiki.satnogs.org/Academic_Papers
- Update to Green Heron RT-21.
- Update to Alfa Spid RAS.
Unofficial project, not part of official Libre Space Foundation software or website. Upstream sources under their respective copyrights.
License: CC By SA 4.0 International and/or GPLv3+ at your discretion.
Copyright © 2022, Jeff Moe.